All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

9.09.2009

it has begun

This time next week......I will be on plane, on my way to Ghana.  That means that my week of craziness has officially begun.  I have got SO much to do in the next 7 days that if I think about it I might actually go crazy.  ( I know, here are all the jokes about how I'm already crazy....blah blah blah).  I have to get my luggage packed.  I have to get stuff packed to put in the shipping container that is being sent over to the mission in October.  I have to take my cat to where I'm taking him since nobody I know wanted him..which means I have to find the nearest no-kill animal shelter I can.  I need to go see my Grandma, she's already mad at me for going back to Ghana in the first place...I better try to arrange some type of peace treaty with her before the week's over.  My dad wants to take me out to eat sometime this week...I find this humorous and offensive at the same time, but that's a totally different story.  On Monday we're packing the shipping container so I need to be here for that.  My mom will probably want me to come & stay at her house for the weekend...My friends all want me to hang out with them....earlier this summer there was talk of a going away party for me...who knows if that will happen.  I have things I still need/want to buy to take with me.  Some things for me, some for my friends, some for my students.  I would like to get a new wireless card for my computer and have it installed....that probably won't happen....but it would be nice.  I can't believe I'm leaving in a week.  The summer has felt terribly long and ridiculously short all at the same time.  I'm stressed a little because I'm not even totally sure how many committed supporters I have...and the email I just sent out a lot of them got returned for a reason that I haven't figured out yet.  Just as a side note, why do computer glitches always have codes instead of just giving a reason why something went wrong.....it's annoying to see "this email failed to be delivered because of a permanent error...sorry it didn't work out"  at the beginning of an email telling me that most of the 126 people I sent the email to didn't get it.  Anyway..as you can see, I'm quickly going crazy(er) so I better just go to bed now....who knows if I'll actually be able to sleep....I'll try to post again before I leave, when I'm not as crazy. 

No comments: