All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

7.11.2009

Yeah this is home....

now I'm finally where I belong....

you know the song don't you? Many I've been missing Ghana hardcore this week. I've been working on a display table to set up at church so I've been looking at pictures of my friends and students all week. Then today I got 3 (THREE!!) phone calls from Ghana...all in one day. Esther Adolbella called me this morning. I hang out with her a lot, she's the cook at the school and the kitchen is right next to my learning center so I go in there & talk to her a lot. We also walk in the mornings so I see her all the time. She's doing great, helping out at the school for summer school. Then around 5 Emmanuel Ayensu called me. He's one of the guys that graduated this year but we're pretty good friends. He jokes with me all the time. He's actually staying in my room this summer (which I didn't know until today) so he was in my room when he called me, is that a little strange? Then almost immediately after that Richard Sarpong called me. He went to BCA but now he's taking classes for computer software or networking or something like that. He & the two Esthers are my best friends there. I miss them all so much. I can't wait to get back to Ghana.
This morning I spoke to a small group at a prayer breakfast about Ghana. It was a small group, but maybe I'll get some support from it somehow. They all seemed interested while I was talking so that's good. And Lawrence, the guy sort of in charge of the meeting, he said something I've not been able to figure out how to say since I got back. He said something about how I was going back home to Ghana, even though NC was my home....that the Lord had blessed me with two homes here on Earth. I've never been able to come up with those words to describe it but it's the perfect way to say it. Ghana is home...so is NC. Who says you can't call more than one place home?
Home is where you heart is right.....well, mine is there and here at the same time.

No comments: