All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

11.06.2008

sleep

I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Maybe it's from stress, or worrying over stuff, or drinking too much coffee too close to bedtime. I dunno. I'm either just not tired at night, or I can't get my mind to slow down enough to just drift off to sleep. I'm not getting enough sleep, I get this sort of nervous twitch in my right eye when I don't get enough sleep. Or maybe it's just not a truly restful sleep. I'm a terrible worry-er. I know I shouldn't be, don't worry about tomorrow for each day has enough worries of it's own right? What do you do, to stop worrying? I always try to convince myself that I don't really worry that much. Lately though, I guess I'm seeing the truth more. People at work joke with me that I need to just chill out and not worry about stuff at work so much. I just can't let things be done the wrong way when I know that I played a part in preparing that meal. That's a silly little thing though, I worry about other things. The top of my worry list right now is; Finances for Ghana, my mom being OK with me going to Ghana, Getting everything straight to move out of my apartment at the end of the month....there are more but anyway. I'm terrible at "letting go" of things that I worry about. I try to not worry about them, but then I sort of obsess over them and end up worrying about them more I think.
I'm trying to not be impatient with my funds for Ghana coming in. It's not happening as quickly as I want it to. At the same time though, every time I get a check, I get a little more nervous about going. Not because I think I've made the wrong decision, just because this is the biggest decision I've ever made in my life and frankly it scares me a little bit. All these things that could go wrong start running through my head. I guess we'll see what happens

No comments: