All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

9.08.2008

let's play a game...

So, you know that game people play where they ask you "if you could do anything, and money was no object and failure was not a possibility, what would you do?" well, I've always had a really hard time with that game. They're giving you and impossible situation. There will NEVER (not in THIS life at least) be a time when money and failure will not be factors in a major life decision. But I think I've finally thought of a few things that I would do, tomorrow even, if money and/or failure was not an issue. If I woke up tomorrow and suddenly had lots of money, I'm pretty sure I'd buy a ticket for the next flight to Ghana. And when I came back, whenever that happened to be, I'd enroll in culinary school at the Culinary Institute of America.
On a different note, work was no better today than it has been for the last couple of days. My boss sent me a text message yesterday and told me not to worry about coming in and that we'd make up the hours this week sometime. Then today, I get off an hour earlier than scheduled. For most people that would be great. Didn't have to work on Sunday and get off an hour early on Monday. Yeah great, but my last paycheck had 69 hours on it and this one tomorrow will probably have around 61...that's 10-20 hours LESS than I used to be getting. But for me, it's a big deal....I mean think about it this way, if someone makes between $8 and $12 an hour and their hours get cut that much then in a month's time, they'll be getting paid anywhere from$100-300 less. To you that might not be much, I mean, my bosses probably spend that much in a week without even thinking about it, but to me, it's a lot. I had to ask my mom for money this weekend, I drove to her house (50minutes away) to get it....yeah, makes me feel like a real grown-up. I just can't figure out what to do about this situation though....I dunno.

No comments: