All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

8.10.2010

Consistency...

Consistent: adjective


1.agreeing or accordant; compatible; not self-contradictory: His views and actions are consistent.

2.constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc.: a consistent opponent.

3.holding firmly together; cohering.

4.Archaic . fixed; firm.

I have been thinking about consistency a lot lately. In almost every facet of life being consistent is the key, as far as I can tell. I know that personally, every time I have tried to change my eating and exercising habits, the only time I saw any real results were the times when I was really consistent. I don’t have any kids, but I’ve interacted with a lot of different kids from a lot of different backgrounds and I can see a clear difference between the kids that have had consistent discipline and those that have not. In just about anything I can think of, prayer, bible reading, memory work, learning to play an instrument ,learning a new language, learning just about anything for that matter…consistency is key. We see in the bible that Jesus and his disciples were noticeably consistent. It was Jesus’ “habit” to go out alone and pray in the early morning or late evening hours. It was the habit of the apostles to go into the temples and synagogues to teach. So why am I thinking about this? Well, I think that consistency is something that humans really struggle with. We get lazy, we get tired of doing the same thing over & over again. But this is something that have to remember is that living a consistent life, a life that is in the footsteps of Christ, is something that we CANNOT get tired of. It’s just something we have to choose to do. So whatever you’re doing…work at it as if working for the Lord! Be consistent in everything for God’s glory. He’s consistent, we should be too.

No comments: