All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

8.29.2009

security

What makes you feel secure? Some very good friends of my left to go to Ethiopia for 10 days and they have entrusted me with the care of their two children. They are going to Ethiopia to meet and bring home a child they are adopting. I took them to the airport today and I've been thinking about this a lot.....they really really trust me. I mean, they basically trust me with the most important things in their lives. If I ponder on it too long I'll probably get really really nervous about this whole thing. But, they feel secure leaving their children with me.
But, we know that there is not true security on this earth. Life is, quite literally, here one minute and gone the next. People that you think will never let you down, will inevitably LET YOU DOWN. They're only human. The perfect job that you love will not always be the perfect job. There is no security in being a mere mortal. Our only security comes through Christ.
"For our citizenship is in Heaven from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself." Philippians 3: 20-21
How's THAT for security?

No comments: