All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

7.02.2009

One year.....anniversary?

So, this time last year, I was in Ghana for the first time ever. I was still trying to realize that I was in Africa....I remember Connie telling me something along the lines of "it's not another planet" just Africa. I have to admit, I was kind of scared of what God would do with me on that trip before I left the States. I "worried" that I would feel called to go back to Ghana. haha, ironic? A year ago, I never would have thought that I'd be planning on returning to Ghana AGAIN for an even longer stay. The way God works things out.....it's crazy sometimes. I can think of about 100 things that have happened to me since I got to college that had they happened differently, I would have gone to Ghana the first time. I can't explain it, but I really feel drawn to Ghana, like it's home. I hope that you realize that this doesn't diminish the value of NC being my home. I just think God has given me a special love for Ghana. I'm really excited about learning Twi (the most common language in Kumasi), I'm really excited about doing more speical things with my students, I'm really excited about getting to know the friends I have there even better. I have some things to do here this summer that I really need to do in order to make sure I have enough support to go back. I need to meet with some people one on one to, for lack of a better word, sell my cause. If I can get about 30 people to commit go supporting me with $20 a month, I'll be set. I don't particularly like the idea of "selling myself" but if it gets me back to Ghana, I'll do it. I don't know what else to say. I can't wait for September. Pray for all my support to come in quickly and easily.
BAM

1 comment:

Kellar Stem said...

Please don't see it as "selling yourself" or "selling your cause". If that is what it is, then your motive is all wrong. SHARE your heart! SHARE your life! SHARE your testimony! Let people know what God is doing in you and what God is doing in Kumasi. Trust in God, in His Spirit, not in financial support! Do the work you need to do to SHARE with people, and God will provide the harvest.