All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

12.06.2008

Insanity!!

So, tonight was officially my last shift at work! How crazy is that. I have had some crazy days at work but I can honestly say that I will miss all the crazies I work with, especially the Kitchen Crew. Watched Wall-E with Heidi tonight, it was cute, I liked it. In 3 days I will be getting on a plane and flying to Ghana. I'm pretty excited, and freaking out and all of everything at once. I have to go to Wal-Mart, tonight or tomorrow even though I hate it. There are things I need to buy and it's the most convenient place to get everything all at once. My friends are having a farewell party for me tomorrow. Pretty cool I guess, but I don't like being the center of attention. It is nice to know that I will get to see people before I leave though.

I kind of can't believe that I'm actually going to Ghana next week. I mean, for 6 months! It is very very exciting and scary. If you know me, then you know that I do not like admitting if something scares me. But honestly, I'm a little scared. Just because I've never done anything like this before. I still feel like I have a lot to do before I go, but I think most of it is just packing & making sure I have everything I need. And in reality, if there's anything that I forget, then I more than likely can live without if for 6 months. I'm not totally sure that it has set in that this time next week I'll be on another continent. when I went this summer, I didn't believe I was going until I was THERE. I'm very apprehensive about traveling alone, I've always been in a group when I've flown before. As independent as I like to be, travel is one thing I've only done in groups. I'm sure it will be ok. I have a feeling I'm going to learn so much more, the importance of prayer. I have no idea how this trip is going to change me, but I'm fairly certain it will change me. We shall see!

2 comments:

Seriously. said...

BAM I can't even believe it! I'm going to really miss you, but I'm so excited for you and this opportunity!!! :)

creative gal said...

You are going to be so blessed for going!!