All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

9.03.2008

reading articles about the attacks on Christians that continue in the Orissa district of India today. Breaks my heart, sincerely. One article says that some of the attacks are very similar to the attack in 1999 on missionary Graham Staines, where he & his two young sons were burned to death in their car when they were sleeping.
How can people who call themselves "Christian" here in the states NOT SEE the need for foreign missionaries. It's really been bugging me lately to know people who would claim Christ, but then they don't claim any of the burden of being a Christian. We have it so freakin' easy here. We live our nice cushy lives, with air conditioning and cable tv and high-speed internet. On the other side of the world, which I've discovered recently, is NOT that far away in reality, people are dying for Christ! It scares me to think of the people I know that, if faced with a real life or death situation, would denounce what little bit of a relationship with Christ they have. People are dying and being forced to hide in the jungle in India, and you can't even find it on a major news website. The only reason I know about it at all is because of a missionary that our church supports sending an urgent email request for prayer. It makes me so mad. There's so much more that's bothering me right now......but I really don't feel like opening up quite yet.

No comments: