All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware.

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am. Philippians 4:11b

9.01.2008

the devil made me do it..

So yeah, all the worrying I was doing in my last post about how maybe getting no response from the guy in Ghana was God's way of telling me that I didn't need to go. Scratch that. Apparently it was God's way of telling me I had the wrong email address! Yeah, I found out last night that the address I have is his OLD one and he doesn't check it anymore, so he probably never even got the email. I'm glad that's the case, but I feel really pathetic for even letting the fact that I hadn't gotten a response bother me. Stupid Devil knowing that I'd start getting paranoid....I'm just so excited about the possibility of going back to Ghana. At the same time I'm kind of scared. No, not scared of going to Africa or scared of what might happen "to" me while I'm there. I'm more scared of God might do "with" me through another trip to Ghana. That might sound kind of crazy, but oh well. But look at most of the great characters of the Bible, you see this recurring theme of God taking someone who doesn't think they're capable and using them for the exact thing that they don't think they can do. Yeah, it's scary. I mean, I probably won't be called to build an ark, or kill a giant or even speak in front of huge crowds of people, but there are things that I probably would be called to do, that I've never done and I feel incapable of doing. But if you look at all those characters again, you see that for the most part, they were just normal people. We put them on pedestals sort of because they are part of the foundational history of our faith. But David was a shepherd boy, some of the apostles were just fishermen, Gideon was the "least" of his family and his tribe. God likes using normal, working class people to accomplish extraordinary things. And yeah, that scares me.

No comments: